Got leftover turkey? Here’s a quickie recipe to add some variety to the endless turkey-based meal slog that is the week after Thanksgiving.
I ordered a six-pound turkey. I received a nine-pound turkey. This is too much turkey. Honestly, six was already pushing it for a household of two where one person is a vegetarian.
I have too much turkey and I need to do stuff with it. Here’s what I did this morning. Most of this was winging it with ingredients I had on hand and there was no measuring involved. So, do as you feel! Be yourself! Motivational slogans!
- leftover turkey, shredded by fork. I shredded up enough to cover the bottom of a small baking dish.
- leftover cream of mushroom soup. I made some yesterday, but canned is fine.
- 1 medium broccoli bunch – roughly chopped and cleaned.
- hella parmesan cheese, grated
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- line your baking dish with a layer of shredded turkey
- mix half your broccoli into your cream of mushroom soup
- pour the mixture over the turkey
- sprinkle remaining broccoli over the mixture
- sprinkle parmesan over everything
- bake for 25-30 minutes
Pics of how the layers go down…
Still more turkey to go, of course! Any suggestions for recipes would be greatly appreciated!