I like mushrooms. I made soup.
Not exactly sure what happened, but somehow I ended up with 1.5 lbs of white mushrooms. My best guess is that over the several trips to the store that preceded the Thanksgiving holiday, I saw some mushrooms and thought it would be a good idea to grab some. So, I grabbed some, repeatedly, at least 4 times.
And that’s how I ended up making my very first batch ever of cream of mushroom soup.
- 1.5 lbs white mushrooms – cleaned and sliced
- 6 tbs butter – picked up some amazing cultured butter from Achadinha Cheese Company at CUESA’s Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- .75 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- several sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté mushrooms in butter, season with salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic powder until browned.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, stir, and bring to a simmer.
- With an immersion blender, purée the mixture.
- Once the mixture reaches your desired level of smoothness/chunkiness, stir in the cream.
- Bring your soup back up to temperature and enjoy!
Makes about 6 generous servings of soup. Per serving…
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 23 grams
- Protein: 9 grams
- Net Carbs: 5 grams
More pics for your viewing pleasure…
Really enjoyed the finished product! Lemme know if you give it a shot, I’d love to know how it works out for you!
One response to Easy Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup
[…] cream of mushroom soup. I made some yesterday, but canned is […]